Wednesday, September 15, 2010

So far So good

So its been about a month since volleyball started. The teams developing quite well, its better than i expected to be! Last Friday we got some good games in, here at Brent. There were a lot of strong and SKILLED teams, we learned a lot, from watching and playing with them. Even though the teams played at higher level than us, we still hanged on and won a couple of sets, and this pushed us to get better. Our floor coverage was mediocre, we got some pretty good hitters on the team, but i realized most of them aren't hitting THAT much, we need to get low and have a good first ball to the setter so the setter can have a good set, which will give a good spike.Like what mr.T said, we gotta stop thinking about our mistakes while in the game, shake if off, and get it back. For myself, I need to learn how clip the ball when I spike. Lately i found out  what seems to be my problem, my swings seems to be like baseball pitch, my elbow does not lock and extend to its fullest, causing my wrist not clipping right, if i get this down, my spikes can be more accurate and actually IN the court. ISAC is in a about 3 weeks! I'm excited and motivated and I'm pretty sure the team is as well! :D SO FAR SO GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment