Wednesday, May 30, 2012

POCCH: Make a Better World Proposal

Supervisor's name: Mr. Tolentino
Year 12
Activity Name: POCCH: Make a Better World
Duration of Activity: May 2012

What is my past experience with this activity? 
I have been to orphanges here and there with the school and sometimes with my parents. It is always heart warming seeing the people at the orphanage happy at the end of the day and there is always so much to reflect on.
 What new learning or skill do I hope to pick up or develop?
 Communicating and working with younger children is one think I will definitely try pick up since the children at the orphange do not speak perfect english which can be a challenge to me.
 How will this experience be different from that of the past?
The difference between this time and the past is the frequent collaboration with the same orphanage. This means that we are affecting these people long-term rather than short-term and our interactions with them can make a lifelong impact on their well being and future growth.
 How am I going to know if I am making progress or experiencing growth in this activity? 
If I am making progress, it will be obvious in my interaction with the kids as we will be less awkward towards each other and have a more amiable relationship. Also, I will know if I am experiencing growth when I feel good about what I am doing and when I feel a connection with the kids at POCCH.
 Goals
My goal is to bring smile and laughter to the children at POCCH. They already underprivelaged but they need to know they are the same as us, and we are all just human beings and we all deserve to be happy.
 Impact 
The activity will definitely impact the children and community of POCCH since their well being is the main focus of our activity.
 Timeline 
Every weekend at POCCH or Brent School Subic

No comments:

Post a Comment