Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Blow out win against Gordon

It's more than halfway through the season, exactly 2 weeks away from ISAC. This is probably by far the best basketball team I've ever encountered in Brent Subic and I think a lot of teachers are having high hopes for this year's team, so am I. Practice has been going really good, everyone is improving everyday. Our plays and defense are working efficiently, I'm very VERY excited for the tournament ahead of us!

Today we had another game with Gordon College. I've been having trouble balancing work and basketball, the past week I haven't been having my head in the game. Lousy defense, making poor passing and shooting decisions has been causing my game play. All this is getting me frustrated and the frustration only keeps piling up, and I've recognized that it is a bad habit of mine, which is to get over things and continue doing my thing. Before the game today, I went straight up to Coach Thompson and told him about my problems and my goals for the week. My goals were: Keep my composure and also be more aggressive. In the game, however, I played the worst I have played the whole season in my opinion. My head could not focus in playing basketball with all the other things happening in my life behind my head and the fatigue I have gotten from the stressful week caused me to second guess myself. I believe I have a whole lot to offer, and I need to quickly break out of this shell because the season is quickly coming to an end. I have 3 things in my mind that I will concentrate on: Maintain aggressive defense, become a lethal offensive weapon, and take a leadership role in the team. I hope the next 2 practices and games in the weekend, will allow me to break out of this shell and achieve what I want to achieve. To help reaching this goal, I need to FOCUS in ONLY BASKETBALL in practice and games, have more confidence with myself, speak up, get back to training outside of the practice and have good nutrition + good sleep to build explosiveness and endurance on the court. All of this will compensate each other, hopefully it will quickly improve my game play.

No comments:

Post a Comment