Sunday, June 19, 2011

Reflection: Student Council 2010-2011

During the speeches candidates always seem promising, and last year i thought i would be promising. Unfortunately when I finally got my hands on the job, it wasn't as easy as it seemed. Being treasurer wasn't just managing money, keeping count of the money transactions, but more than that. Being part of the council required brainstorming, constructing proposals through careful planning, organization and collaboration with others. All this tied together is what makes the purpose of a council. At first I thought it was just collecting money, and keeping it safe. At first it was easy, but once numbers got bigger and the money going in and out occurred more frequent, you start to lose track of things and you thought things were easy, and all of sudden you realize you really need to note down things, I learned a lot from my advisor dealing with money managing. Besides from this, the most important thing i learned is that always go through careful careful planning! Over the school year, we've had failures and mistakes in our projects which could have easily been avoided but are caused due to carelessness. Joining the student council was definitely a learning experience for me, although i may not have the honors to do it again next year because unelected, but these skills I've learn I can now use and can be handy to me in real life situations for the rest of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment