Saturday, November 13, 2010

Update one Student Council

Four months has passed since school started, and ever since school started, the new student council has been in progress. I was introduced to my job as Treasurer, I was told that the Treasurers in the past years didn't do so well, so the pressure was on me. I was told to keep count of money, record specifically the money that comes in and out. Besides from that, everyone in the council has to come up with ideas for upcoming events, we had to brainstorm, because school spirit has died down in the recent years, we need to think more about the events we make, considering the outcomes and results, and participation of students. The acquaintance party that we planned out was a blast. We created a party which would involve everyones participation, and this made the party not boring. Everyone liked it very much. 
Student council is an extra-curriculum for us, but we must stay committed just like how we promised in our speeches. Sometimes it gets frustrating, working with our fellow members in the council, and dealing with school work and life at the same time. 
Our advisor, Ms.Pascual has asked us all to have our own project within the school year, which is to have a fundraiser, either for the council, or for a charity/cause. Everyone has come up with their ideas, except me, i feel like I've been slacking off a bit, I need to get back to it. Couple of weeks ago, before our 5 day weekend, our SC president, Diana An, had her fundraiser, which was to sell korean halo-halo. It was to be honest, the worst planned out plan ever. She did not double check things and so during that day of the fundraiser, it was a mess. I must say, we must be careful with what we do, and make sure things work out and runs smooth as planned.
Right now, i need to stop worrying about others business, and start worrying about my own. I need to push myself to brainstorm and think of fundraiser.

No comments:

Post a Comment